Gift Card FAQ
- Do I get a discount for a bulk order?
Yes. When you purchase gift cards exceeding specific dollar amounts you will be entitled to a discount. This discount is applied at the time of your order. Please note that discount rates are subject to change.
- How do I place an order?
It is a simple process. Just send an email to request the Order Form. Complete the order form and email it back.
- How do I know the discount for my order?
Discount is applied per order on the total value of each order.
- 0% discount for orders less than $1,999
- 2% discount for orders between $2,000 and $4,999
- 5% discount for orders between $5,000 and $19,999
- 6% discount for order over $20,000
- Is there a limit to how many orders I can place?
There is no limit to how many orders you place. Discounts are applied per order only and are not accumulative. A minimum order value of $500 per order is required. FreshCo reserves the right to limit annual purchases.
- What denominations are available for purchase?
Gift cards are available in denominations of $10, $25, $50, $100, $250 and variables from $5 to $500. Note- gift card envelopes are not included.
- How long will it take to receive my bulk Gift Card order?
Depending on your location the turnaround time is 3 to 7 business days.
- What are my payment options?
New customers :Existing customers :Gift Cards or Personnel Cheques cannot be accepted as payment for Bulk Gift Cards.
- New customers will be required to process three initial orders through the bulk gift card desk directly with payment via EFT, Certified Cheque or Bank Draft.
- Payment should be sent to the attention of “Bulk Gift Card Desk” at Sobeys Inc. 123 Foord Street, Stellarton, NS B0K-ISO.
- Cards will be activated after payment is cleared by the bank.
- New customers may use the payment and pick-up option at a store location only if paying via Chip & PIN Debit Card. Credit card will not be accepted.
- Existing customers may use the payment and pick-up option at our store locations, with payment via Certified Cheque, Bank Draft, Chip & PIN Credit or Chip & PIN Debit Card
- Existing customers may also have their orders shipped direct with payment via EFT.
- Can I pick up my card order from a store?
Yes. If you are an existing customer and wish to have your order shipped to your local store for pick up, simply provide the store location and/or store number and you will be contacted when your order is ready for pick up. Gift card orders are available for picked up at the store’s front office. Click here for our store locations listing.
Identification is required at time of pickup that matches the name on the invoice.
- How will my cards be delivered?
You have a choice to either pick up the order at the store selected or receive it at your office location. For store pickup: Provide the store # and address.
For delivery to your office: Provide your complete street address (P.O. Boxes cannot be used). Packages are delivered by Xpress-post and must be signed for when delivered.
- Are the Gift Cards sent to me activated?
No. For security purposes, Cards are shipped inactive. To activate the Cards once received, a request MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the invoice number for your order. Activation will take place within one business day of the request being made. These Cards cannot be used at any of our stores until they are activated.
- What if the Gift Cards are stolen or lost?
FreshCo will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Cards. Gift Cards will not be replaced. There are no refunds or returns for unused portions of Gift Card orders.
- Where can I use Gift Cards?
Gift Cards ordered through the bulk program can be redeemed across Canada in all our Sobeys bannered grocery stores, these include Sobeys, IGA*, Garden Market IGA, Foodland, Safeway, FreshCo, Chalo! FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drugs, Needs, Fast Fuel and Price Chopper (ON only).
*FreshCo gift cards are accepted only in these IGA locations in B.C (1) 4823 – 50 Avenue , Fort Nelson, BC V0C 1R0 (2) 5001 – 50 Avenue, Chetwynd, BC V0C 1J0 (3) 624-9 Avenue North, Golden, BC VOA 1H0
- How are the Gift Cards used?
Gift Cards have a declining balance that can be used over several shopping trips until there is no value left on the Card. Gift Cards may only be used to purchase merchandise from our stores and are not valid towards the purchase of other Corporate Gift Cards. Gift Cards ordered through the bulk program cannot be used for buying liquor or fuel in the western provinces.
- Will I receive AIR MILES rewards when purchasing a bulk gift card order?
No. AIR MILES® reward miles are received at the time of redemption ONLY.
- Do gift cards expire? Is any fee charged with gift cards?
Gift Card once activated never expires. There is no fee for activation, redemption, reload or inactivity.
- Are the Gift Cards redeemable for cash?
No. Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash except where required by law.
- Can I use the FreshCo gift card image when I buy bulk gift cards?
Use of FreshCo trade-marks which includes gift card image is strictly prohibited without prior written consent.
- Can I reload the gift cards?
Gift cards can be reloaded in store. Online reload is not available.
*FreshCo reserves the right to cancel or change these programs with a 30 day notice.